Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pinching Your Pennies

I use this awesome site (thanks Kimber for the referral) to look up my Albertsons deals. You can find out about deals at other stores as well. They always have the weekly Albertsons deals in a spread sheet format. It tells you the item, item price, and any coupons that are out there (including links to online coupons). It's a great site and has helped me immensely to figure out this bargain grocery shopping. The site is:

http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

I still feel like I have a lot to learn to get really proficient at this. I think the main way I can save more is with more manufacturers coupons but I frequently can't get my hands on enough of them. Hmmmm.............

My husband and I spend around $175 a month on groceries (including toiletries) and my goal is to get this down to $150.00. Still haven't been able to get this down. However, I have a fairly awesome food storage now! Plus, about $50-60 of this is fresh fruits and vegetables which will decrease significantly once we have a garden this summer.

I have decided that I am going to use what I save in groceries to buy an extra freezer for the garage. I frequently can't buy as much as I'd like due to lack of freezer space. So, buying in bulk and freezing more will also bring down my grocery budget in the long run.

I also figure I save more as well because of Albertsons' gas bonus. For every $50 you spend (before coupons) you get $0.05 off per gallon of gas that you purchase there. They acculumate. So, last time I went in I saved $0.60 per gallon, paying only $1.13 per gallon of gas that day!!!

I already have $0.20 off per gallon now after this last week of shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment