Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Change of Plans

In the past couple of days I have gotten more than miserable. The discomfort has all turned to pain. I go numb when I sit or lay down but can't stand for too long. My skin is so tight that baby movements often hurt. I've hit a wall and am certain I will go crazy if I wait until Monday to have these babies.

Therefore, my doctor will be doing the C-section a few days early. We are scheduled for check-in at 10 am on Thursday, November 5th and the C-section will be at noon. The guilt I feel is horrendous. I feel awful and feel a bit like a failure for choosing to bail early. However, my body physically can not do this anymore.

Huge prayers that all goes well! If they need any NICU it should only be for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you haven't failed at anything!! My goodness. The babies won't mind coming to their mama a couple of days early, and you being in pain and miserable isn't worth it at all. You can only do so much.

    Your girls will be thriving, and I'll be thinking of you on thursday!

    November 5th is a great day for a birthday.