Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
Addison and Olivia are already one year old! Both have taken a few steps and can walk freely, but only for a few feet. And they make plenty of sound. I'm very impressed by their verbal skills. Also, these girls can charm the pants off you. When they laugh at each other or chase one another around, you can't help but smile.
Their first birthday party was fantastic. They had cake (not too messy). A few friends and family joined us for the occasion. Here are a few pictures from the party.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
- Addy is ALL OVER THE PLACE. Rolling, sitting, pulling to standing, crawing, etc. Everything just short of walking. We need to buy some baby gates because she's figured out how to go up the stairs.
- Olivia has finally in the past week decided that she wants to army crawl. She is proficient at it but has not figured out the whole crawling bit. She LOVES to stand up with me or with the help of furniture and will walk along side. Most of her fussiness stems from her lack of mobility.
- Addy got 2 new teeth this past month to total 4. 2 more are trying to come in right now. I wish they'd just poke through already!! She wakes in the middle of the night just screaming!!
- Olivia loves to wave and oftentimes can be heard saying hi and seen waving to her toys.
- Addy is an EATER! The girl can eat and eat and eat and eat. For instance, for snack yesterday she ate 5 oz of breastmilk, 10 oz of yogurt and a couple oz of strawberries.
- Olivia is my picky eater. She has gotten rather selective about what she wants to eat. She seems to be getting a bit better in the past few days though.
- Both girls can pick up their own food with their fingers and LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches.
- They are both proficient at the sippy cup and LOVE their water.
I started work the end of August. I am only part time this year. I work half days Monday through Thursday and all day on Friday. Zac works from home on Fridays and is able to be with the girls. The new daycare is seriously awesome! She is amazing and the girls love going there and I am comfortable dropping them off. It's such a good feeling to know that they are in superb hands when I go to work. The girls came home with their first artwork for us last week. It's hanging on my fridge. I plan to take some pictures of it and post it here. : ) Part time has made me a much better mother. It's such a perfect balance.
I will get some pictures up shortly of the little stink bugs. They are so much fun. We have truly been blessed. I oftentimes am not sure how I got so lucky!
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
Weight= 19.87 lbs 70th percentile
Height= 29.25 inches 95th percentile
Head= 17.63 inches 74th percentile
Weight= 23 lbs 97th percentile
Height= 30.25 inches 99.5th percentile
Head= 17.88 inches 87th percentile
There you have it. I have giant children!
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Here's what we can do:
- Both girls will take steps when you try to "walk" with them. Olivia is best at this.
- Addy is crawling circles around sister! She's ALL over the place.
- Olivia has no interest in crawling yet although she's roll from Point A to Point B.
- Addy will sit up from laying down. It's so cute to go in her room in the morning and see her sitting up in her crib.
- Girls are snug in 12 month clothes. 18 month clothes are our best fit.
- Girls are eating us out of house and home. They now do solids for lunch (plus breastmilk) and dinner. The only vegetable they don't like is avocado.
- Fruits we've tried and love: banana, peaches, pears, apples, blueberries, and strawberries. Mango didn't settle well with Addy. She threw up most of the day.
- Vegetables we've tried and love: green beans, peas, corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and butternut squash.
- Addy has no new teeth--still just 2 total.
- Olivia has 7 total teeth. All 4 up top finally pushed through and a surprise 1 poked through on the bottom a week or so ago.
- Still breastfeeding.
- Still cloth diapering.
We are going to Spokane next week for a few days. One of those days I fly out for a wedding in Seattle. It's going to a wild adventure. Zac will have to put the girls to bed with a bottle. They've never gone to bed without the boob! Pray for Zac and his sanity. The girls haven't had bottles all summer and getting them to take the bottle has been quite the challenge. Stubborn babies!
I start work again on August 24th but only part time! We had to find new day care for this school year. We found a gal named Kim and I think she's going to be great. I've been dropping the girls off there a couple days a week for a couple hours and so far so good!!
Pediatrician appointment is on Friday. I will post weights and heights then.