Sunday, January 31, 2010

Back to Work

Well, tomorrow is my first day back at work. I'm certain it will be the hardest day of my life. I know that Danika will do an excellent job caring for them and I'm certain they will like her. But, I want to be the only one feeding them. I want to be the only one home with them all day. There's always this fear that they'll get confused and not know who "mom" is. I know this is silly but how do they know when 2 different people are providing their day to day needs.

I was told by a coworker that the anticipation of going back to work is harder than actually going back to work. I pray this is the case. I've had many days of crying this week and tomorrow morning will surely involve lots of tears. I hope Danika is prepared for the texts all day long. : )

I wish I could go back to work part time right now but I signed a contract and can't seem to bring myself to break that contract. I love my job and don't want to do anything to jeopardize it. I figure I can do anything for 4 months. I'm done with school the first week in June and then have the summer off. I will then go back in the fall only part time. Maybe I'll win the lottery between now and then and not have to go back at all. I can hope right?

1 comment: